Sunday, May 6, 2012

Air Travel: What's Hot Now: German phrase book

Air Travel: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
German phrase book
May 6th 2012, 11:06

The Bottom Line

This is a lot more fun and interesting than the usual phrase book. It's competitively priced, and is full of useful phrases.

<!--#echo encoding="none" var="lcp" -->

Pros

  • fun read
  • good tips
  • useful travel phrases
  • good inclusions of current slang

Cons

  • a little too big to fit in your pocket

Description

  • This is a lot more fun and interesting than the usual phrase book.
  • It's competitively priced, and is full of useful phrases.
  • German language phrase book

Guide Review - German Phrase Book

Whenever I travel, I try to learn a few words and phrases in the native language of the country I go to. This summer I added some new phrases to my basic German vocabulary by using a phrase book that was not only instructive, but fun.

The Pocket Idiot's Guide - German Phrases was my book of choice during my summer travels. I used it not only in Germany, but in Slavic countries where German is a popular second language. My level of German is best described as a beginner, from working at a large airport I have picked up the basics, but this book helped me add a few new phrases.

The structure of this book is a little different. The author provides great, practical ideas to learning a new language like this "Use Post-it notes to identify items around your house with their German names."

There are lots of tips about cultural and practical differences, such as "Emergency numbers in Germany are 110 for police and 112 for firefighters."

And the phrases themselves feel current - there are several inclusions for how to say "cool" or "not cool".

<!--#echo encoding="none" var="lcp" -->

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment