Monday, November 5, 2012

Air Travel: What's Hot Now: My Packing List - Carry On

Air Travel: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
My Packing List - Carry On
Nov 5th 2012, 11:06

I really hate packing more than carry on luggage when I travel. On most airlines you are allowed to bring 2 pieces of carry on luggage, and instead of checking in luggage, I make sure I pack light. That way the horror stories of lost luggage don't really apply. Now you may prefer to pack differently, but I've written up a list of what I bring with me for travel to warmer climates (and have had a similar list for travels of up to almost 2 months at one time).

This is my packing list for my most recent, 2 week, Caribbean vacation:

  • Passport, Wallet and Travel Insurance
  • Guidebook and Phrase book
  • Vitamins / Medications
  • List of Emergency Contacts
  • List of Ailments / Known Conditions / Blood Type
  • List of phone numbers for hotels / airlines
  • Clear Plastic Baggies
  • Clear Plastic Baggy for toiletries including sunblock, bug repellant, toothpaste, moisturizer, antiseptic ointment, antiseptic wipes, bandaids, deodorant, shampoo samples, hair gel, etc.
  • razors, comb/brush
  • 2 wrinkle free dresses (substitute dress pants and shirt for a man)
  • pair of sandals
  • pair of flip flops
  • pair of sneakers
  • pair of aqua shoes (this is me, I don't like touching the sand when I am swimming and can't see what may be on the sand!)
  • swimsuit
  • sunglasses / visor (or ball cap)
  • a warm cardigan or hooded sweatshirt (I wear this on flights so it doesn't take up space, could be substituted for a light jacket)
  • 3 t-shirts
  • 3 tank tops
  • 2 light, see through tops to cover arms
  • 1 pair of sweatpants and t-shirt to sleep in
  • 2 pairs of capris (could be substituted for shorts)
  • 2 light skirts (1 pair of khakis for a man)
  • 8 pairs of underwear, 3 bras
  • 4 pairs of socks
  • 2 pairs of pantyhose (more socks for a man)
  • camera
  • rechargeable batteries and charger
  • travel alarm clock
  • mp3 player

Then I still have room for a second carry-on with a few magazines and books and any other etc.s that I may need.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment